Wine & Food Creative
A fan of all things fermented….
A little bit about me
- Married to Greg
- Mother of Stella (15) and Jake (13)
- Lives in Hawke’s Bay, New Zealand
- Full Time Independent Wine Writer & founding member of the Wine Writers of NZ group.
- Host and Producer of wine tv show “Thirsty Work”
- Wine and beverages editor for Dish Magazine
- Wine columnist for CANVAS in the Weekend NZ Herald
- Weekly syndicated wine columnist for the Bay of Plenty Times, Christchurch Star, Northern Advocate, Hawke’s Bay Today, The Aucklander, Whanganui Chronicle, Rotorua Daily Post, the Oamaru Mail, the Wairarapa Times & the Hamilton Mail.
- Yvonne is a regular contributor to the wine segment on Afternoons with Jesse Mulligan on Radio New Zealand National
- Senior Wine Competition Judge (Easter Show Wine Competition, NZ International Wine Show, Hawke’s Bay Regional Wine Awards, Gisborne Regional Wine Awards)
- Yvonne is an accomplished MC and regularly hosts charity auctions, events & specialist tastings along with being a speaker for various groups and society meetings
- Author of children’s book “The Really Sticky Grubby Lolly” (Raupo NZ)
- Freelance writer for various lifestyle magazines
- Yvonne graduated with top honours from the world renown Wine Marketing Diploma Programme at Adelaide University (formerly known as Roseworthy College). This involved four years of intensive study with the course being split evenly between grape growing, winemaking, winery operations, international business, marketing & management.
Before becoming an independent wine writer and founding member of the Wine Writers of New Zealand group, Yvonne successfully helped launch and reinvigorate wine brands by writing creative press releases and copy, advising on PR strategy, branding, labelling and artwork.
She also launched the famous Hastings City Wine Club, the only wine club based from within a supermarket in this part of the world. The Hastings City Wine Club membership rose to around 3000 members.
Yvonne regularly hosts wine education workshops and tastings for private groups, such as corporate clients wishing to treat their staff to something a little different.